Multicultural Centre of the YukonWelcoming · Inclusive · Inspiring


Social Insurance Number (SIN) §

The Social Insurance Number (SIN) is a nine (9) digit number that you will need to work in Canada and to have access to government services and benefits.

You can apply for your SIN at a Service Canada Centre. In the Yukon, contact:

Service Canada
Elijah Smith Building, Suite 125
300 Main Street
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2B5
Monday to Friday 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Telephone: +1 867 667 5083

Yukon Health Card §

The Yukon Health Care Insurance Plan provides hospital and medical services to users at no charge. You should carry your Yukon Health Care Card with you at all times. You must present it when you see your doctor or go the hospital.

To obtain a Yukon Health Care Card, contact:

Yukon Health Care Insurance Registration
204 Lambert Street - 4th Floor
Whitehorse, Yukon
Monday to Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Telephone: +1 867 667 5209 or +1 800 661 0408 local 5209 (toll free within Yukon)

Driver's Licenses and Vehicle Registration §

Newcomers can use a driver's license issued in another country for up to 120 days after their arrival in Yukon.

To obtain a Yukon driver's license and register your vehicle, contact:

Motor Vehicle Branch
Gold Creek Building
Unit A — 2551 2nd Avenue
Whitehorse, Yukon
Y1A 5W1
Monday to Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Telephone: +1 867 667 5315 or +1 800 661 0408 local 5315 (toll free within Yukon)

Like us on Facebook!

Design by: TDR