The Multicultural Centre of the Yukon welcomes immigrants to Canada and to the Yukon. It can be difficult adjusting to life in a new country and a new community and we are here to help you with that transition.
Settlement services in the Yukon are provided through the Multicultural Centre of the Yukon (MCY). Our services are available to assist in the settlement and integration of immigrants and refugees into the social, economic, cultural, and political life of their community. We can offer assistance and programs in the areas of settlement services, language instruction, employment services, and community networking.
Our free services include:
- Programs to help cope with challenges of everyday living.
- Introduction to the local community.
- Information regarding rights and responsibilities.
- Providing English classes (LINC Language Program).
- Orientation and information workshops.
- Referrals to government services.
- Assistance in filing forms for social insurance numbers, driver's licenses and health care card.
- Referrals to doctors, dentists, lawyers, and other services.
- Employment sector information and programming.
- Other services to assist the newly arrived immigrant with their new Canadian lifestyle.
Immigrants are welcome to visit our offices at their convenience. From Monday to Friday we are open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. On Saturday we are open from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm and from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
4141D 4th Avenue
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 1J1
+1 867 667 6205 / Contact Us